Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Top tip for London

Don't leave your bag unattended while you go inside to get drinks. Especially when there are signs saying things like:

Bag thieves in the area.

Don't leave your bags unattended.

I know, I'm a fool and I've got nobody to blame but myself. Luckily, it only had a couple of valuables inside (and only one was irreplacable).

  • My camera and memory card
  • Asthma-style inhalers
  • A new electric shaver
  • A notebook with some journal notes, most of which had been typed in here.
  • A collection of Edgar Allan Poe-try
  • A souvinir pen or two from my travels
  • A box of Space Man candy sticks (mostly eaten)
  • An expensive-ish software engineering book

...and a partridge in a pear tree. The journal is a bit of a loss, everything else is just a bit inconvenient.

Actually, the bag itself was pretty useful — it was the rugged zip-off daypack from a Macpac backpacker's backpack. Much sturdier than the Secret Santa bag I use for weekend trips away.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 pm AEST, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    Must have been a weekend for theft. I think my credit card must have got skimmed in the pub we went to as the bank rang up with some bizzare payments.

    Filthy big city!

     
  • At 5:01 pm AEST, Blogger Squirk said…

    My bottom tells me wonderful things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home