Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Up and down

What an up-and-down morning.

I woke up to a call from my sister, letting me know that my recidivist cousin may have been snooping around my room right at that very moment. I was in another part of town entirely, but you can bet that I got up pretty quick and got my unshowered ass back around to Gran's as fast as I could. Up for the phone call, down for the reason.

Of course she's gone by the time I get there, but it looks like she hasn't taken off with anything. Up. Poor old Gran is understandably unsettled, having had to chase one grandchild out of another's room. Down.

It's things like this that make me glad to live in a different city to most of my family. Especially that side. Soon, though, I'll be living on the other side of the planet and they won't bother me. Up.

They'll still harass Gran, though. Down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home