Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Does the tooth fairy have an age limit?

Well, that was a suprise.

I was just munching on Doritos (Cool Original flavour) and enjoying the Nature's Best DVD when I felt an unfamiliar sensation in my mouth.

It felt like I'd been twisting a tooth around in its socket and had inadvertantly started chewing on it. I hadn't done so, but I definitely had a loose tooth. I can't remember the last time I wriggled a baby tooth free but I am 24 years old. I've had a set of adult teeth for more than a few years now. Something that few people notice, though, is that I still have a (right canine) baby tooth in addition to my (right canine) adult tooth.

That baby tooth is now in a cup of water on my desk.

Update 15 Oct: Cleaned up some HTML. Smacked myself in the the head for such terrible writing.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:01 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um... I'm not sure?

     
  • At 11:50 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure if you dress up in your jim-jams with a milo and your hottie there will be a ripping 20 cents under your pillow waiting for you in the morning..

     
  • At 7:53 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But what would you do with 20 cents over here? The equivalent of approx. 7p?...

    I'm not sure you could even buy a k-bar with that back in NZ... Oh I remember when I first got here I craved k-Bars sooooo badly (I'm talking the sticky fruit flavoured, supposedly toffee treat that came in the form of a bar here, not some weird concoction made in a West Auckland home bake set up)... Now they could rip your teeth out if you tried chewing them, either that or they'd rot them. I suppose that kind of makes the job easier. I bet the tooth fairy invented them, lucrative business, these baby teeth. We all know they're the bit that rattles in spray cans. Not that any body really uses spray cans like that any more what with CFC's and all. Bloody Tooth Fairy obviously needs to be included in the list for the Kyoto Protocol, although if you can't get Dubya to sign not much chance of "Ol' Toothy" putting his John Hancock to that one.

     
  • At 7:54 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just so you know, that isn't really my website. If you can find my blog uner the name of easy-kiwi you're a clever chicken, then it's easy to work out who I am...

     
  • At 7:55 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, sometimes I'm mega random.

     
  • At 1:24 am AEST, Blogger Squirk said…

    Remember how 20 cents was a pretty good bonus when you were a kid? It would buy a nice bag of lollies, or a video game anyway.

    I was rather hoping that I'd be entitled to the equivalent treat. Maybe enough to buy a couple of drinks at the local?

    Mystery chiquita: I found you! And don't worry, I too can spout nonsense. As I'm sure you're aware by now ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home