Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The bouncer had a teddy bear

So I didn't actually call anyone or organise anything for this weekend, but I did expose myself to the chill London air two-and-a-half nights running. I also discovered that free Portugese bakery treats, as scrumptious as they are, simply don't have the grease power to satisfy the drunken cravings of someone who replaced dinner with goodbye drinks.

Is it OK to have one leaving 'do on Thursday and another on Friday? Discuss.

I've lately become somewhat enamoured of Weston's Strong Organic Cider, served over ice or straight from the bottle while watching the dead rise in Leicester Square before heading off to the theatre.

Whether it was those warm-up drinks or just a good show, I heartily enjoyed The Vegemite Tales' eerily accurate depiction of Antipodeans in London. Except for Eddie, the mullet who sleeps on a surfboard and wears the same flourescent pink singlet every day. I don't know if there have been any Aussies like him in London since 1992, but it wouldn't have been the same without him.

Four cans of Fosters out of five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home