Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sorted

London's a big place, but somebody's got to live all over it.

When I arrived, I lived in an ex-council estate in the East (with its mini-gangsters), an actual house with a fake room up North (in the middle of the Jewish community), in a fancy pad with en-suite and clothes dryer out West (where posh people are) and now I've finally taken up residence in the South London.

I've been accused of North-bank centric attitudes in the past, and I've Before this year, I'd been over the river to the South bank only a handful of times (and yes, most of those were so that I could walk along the River Thames looking at the North bank).

Specifically, I've taken up residence above a disused Mexican pizza restaurant in Wandsworth, the brighter borough (although at least two cranky old ladies would disagree).

It's got a good selection of dodgy take-away joints, nearby green parkland and easy bus access to places like Hammersmith and Clapham Common.

Speaking of Clapham Common, the Chinese State Circus have a show this afternoon. I'd quite like to see some Wu-shu Warriors slicing up junk and flying acrobatics.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 1:25 am AEST, Blogger hg said…

    your first sentance made me laugh

    "lol"

     
  • At 8:43 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just came from London last week. We were staying in tooting bec. The first day we were there, there was a double stabbing at country chicken two block from where we stayed.

    Chito.

     
  • At 2:46 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    can i ask a question?

    well i'm gonna anyway! what is a kinophile??? and how do you associate it with me??

    sould i be offended?

     
  • At 9:54 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice and Simple article about different and pizza restaurants and if you want to taste spicy and tasty wood fired pizza pairing with Wine/Cocktail with different flavors of Pizza near by Clapham, Streatham, Sandsend, Battersea Visit

    Pizza Takeaway Clapham

     

Post a Comment

<< Home