Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Danger! Ancient Vegetables

OK, so I didn't go to bed straight after posting that nonsense last night. In fact, I stayed up until morning light drawing little cartoon characters on the sketch pad I bought from Tesco. I do that kind of thing far too often; I don't know why I have so much trouble just going to bed. I'm trying to keep to a reasonable sleeping schedule, but getting up at 1pm after five hours of sleep just isn't what I call reasonable.

I'm so very tired.

Oh, and I'm starting to get frustrated with my maybe-employers. It's been a couple of weeks since I got the go-ahead, and still I have nothing concrete to show for it. I had to put off an offer on a six-month contract in Croydon today because I couldn't guarantee I would be available for an interview on Wednesday. What if I start on Monday? Grr.

Oh, and the title of the post—I spent a good chunk of this evening excavating bags of peas from the freezer. Some of the bags had best before dates going back to 2003, and the entire compartment was completely frozen over. The freezer in Flatmate Idol had nothing on this.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 am AEST, Blogger eye candy said…

    Because I hate my job, I tend to stay up until 1am and 2am just because I dont want to waste my evening not enjoying NOT being at work. Sort of like flipping off The Man, I suppose. This does not help me get up at 8:30am to get ready. Especially when Im one of those people who tend to require more than the average 8hrs/night to actually be able to make it throughout the day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home