Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Joyous week

It's Christmas time again, and I wish you all a wonderful week. Several friends, old and new, have put in the effort to send season's greetings and I appreciate each one.

Their messages contrast sharply with my own seasonal efforts. I have sent no postcards and no greeting cards, sent no text messages. I've made just one family phone call, and that was more for my sister's birthday than for Christmas. I sent but a single e-mail message with explicitly Christmas content.

I did enjoy the relaxed company of friends in South East Nowhere. We all brought food so that we could cook together, we raised a glass or two in good cheer, and won £51 on scratch cards.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home