Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Search and you will find?

It's always entertaining to see other people's searches out of context. I even get a chuckle looking through my own history, sometimes — I can't always remember the story behind a particular search term. For instance, flaccid meat might confuse me until I remembered that was the production team behind the film Puppy Love.

In stark contrast, I can think of no reasonable explanation for some of the search terms that The General Public use to find my blog. Here are some of the more disturbing:

  • christmas party "secret squirrel"
  • "burger fuel" cocaine (Where a combo comes with fries and coke?)
  • Scandinavian boys comics
  • Dehumanisation in rhinoceros
  • kellogs tiger power places sold
  • secret santa verses (Jolly laughter, recorded backwards)
  • Hunter - Sexy photos

I suppose that last one might be looking for Rachael Hunter. I hope so; otherwise, I may have a stalker. I still don't have any chloroform videos. You'll have to go to the Wildebeest Asylum for those. (Right, Jon?)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:12 am AEDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See now, I wonder how you find out how people search? I mean I don't know how to do anything on my blog... I don't know how to check stats or how people land there, even though I used to kind of do that for CRUK, I always had the info collated for me and I just "read" it and reported back...

     
  • At 9:39 am AEDT, Blogger Squirk said…

    @i can't write haikus:
    For Blogspot users like you and me, the easiest way is to use online services like Site Meter or Google Analytics. There are plenty of others out there, too, but those are the two that I use.

    Google Analytics is prettier and easier to explore; it's much more suited to bigger sites. It has features like a "site overlay" to tell you which links get clicked on.

    Site Meter is uglier and not so useful for gauging trends. On the other hand, it drills down to a very specific level -- it will show the specific details of the last 10 visits, for instance.

     
  • At 7:44 pm AEDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool...

     
  • At 8:17 pm AEDT, Blogger Jon said…

    Unfortunately my traffic monitor has crapped out on me so I'm not sure if I'm still the number one hit for chloroform videos. I might try out the two that you've listed.

    (Just realised that it's because I changed my blogspot template. Doh!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home