Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

First Week-iversary

I've been working for a whole week. With longer office hours than I'm used to, that means I've been working for 48 hours. Today, I even did something useful!

I'm not getting as much use out of my flat-rate travelcard as I thought I would, though. The 10-minute stroll to the Monkey's place is a lot more appealing than the half-hour journey on a crowded train ride to my own home. This sort of carry-on means that I'm not spending much time writing—but now I know how to make cranberry sauce, apple crumble and even a bizarre American snack mix made from name-brand cereal coated in Worcestershire sauce.

Incidentally, I've also eaten this party mix with a chap from Worcestershire.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 am AEDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goobers is back.
    www.goobers.co.nz

     
  • At 8:55 am AEDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mr Hunter, Judas Unchained is out now - the follow up to Pandoras Star. Go get it, 'tis the shizille Brizille.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home