Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

More old-school TV

I'm still without convenient internet access, so this is a post I prepared earlier, just like on those cooking shows.

The copyright-infringing intertubes runneth over! Someone's been going through their VHS tapes and uploading choice clips to YouTube:

I'd be interested if anyone finds the early-morning clips from way back, like TV One's national anthem thing or TV3's original one with Russell Rooster and Kerry Kea.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:55 am AEDT, Blogger Skarnz said…

    OMG. Goodnight Kiwi. How oldschool is that!

    Also, you're telling me I look like someone from Shortland Street? your on dangerous ground there, my friend. (even if there IS something of a resemblance).

    Also, that guy is from that crap band, that I cant remember the name of at the moment, which makes it worse...

     
  • At 11:52 am AEDT, Blogger Mel & Guy said…

    That's awesome. Thanks for posting those. They really need to bring back old school style What Now!

     
  • At 1:06 pm AEDT, Blogger Jon said…

    Russell Rooster! "Doodle Doo Dudes!"

     
  • At 9:17 pm AEDT, Blogger Squirk said…

    skarnz: Are you talking about the spiky blond punk from Rubicon? I think he came somewhat later...

     
  • At 12:08 am AEDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    or is skarnz talking about 'mmmm bop, hansen'?

    But hunter -do you remember seeing 'Goodnight Kiwi' on the blackboard outside a random pub in Cambridge???

     
  • At 12:18 am AEDT, Blogger Squirk said…

    cozzie:

    I do remember that random pub in Cambridge -- I don't think I have any photos of it, though!

     
  • At 11:57 am AEDT, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    coz & squirk: And last I checked it had been repainted. :(

     
  • At 11:57 am AEDT, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    I think it was called the Granta

     
  • At 11:21 pm AEDT, Blogger Squirk said…

    bob/coz:
    I checked, and I only have a couple of photos from that Cambridge visit (when we had a shower in our room). What a shame the Kiwi was re-painted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home