Squirk's Overseas Experience

The tales of one Kiwi returning to Mother Britain and exploring the Big Wide World... without being eaten by a shark.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Wilkommen

I'm here, I'm alive, and my German is awful.

I had something of a mission trimming down my possessions to a level that I could take on the plane. Big thanks to Barnes and Kellie — I couldn't have done it without them.

Even so, I'm pretty sure I chose the wrong things to take, the wrong accommodation and probably the wrong direction in life. Oh well.

The people I'm staying with are great. There's an amazing mix of people there, and in fact the course itself is the same. I think that everybody comes from a different country, and nobody is American.

It's pretty cold here!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 5:56 am AEDT, Blogger hg said…

    My German is awful too, coincidence?

     
  • At 11:48 am AEDT, Blogger Skarnz said…

    Hey, congrats for making it to the airport and all that.

    Very soon I'll be laying into the mighty pile of books that you somehow managed to accumulate. Ta for the loan thereof.

    Have fun and German-speak up a storm for us all

     
  • At 5:25 pm AEDT, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    So... here are you (and in the german-speaking world is not a valid answer)

     
  • At 5:26 pm AEDT, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    prepend a 'w' in there somewhere

     
  • At 6:40 am AEDT, Blogger Skarnz said…

    Uuh, Bob...WTF?

    Are you (or were you) drunk?

    This makes no sense to me.

    Maybe *I* am drunk (but I don't think so). Pity.

     
  • At 10:42 pm AEDT, Blogger fairy princess said…

    My brother is in switzerland. He has an apartment in lausanne? Can your check on him for me,

     
  • At 8:26 pm AEDT, Blogger Robert Ancell said…

    For the Barness of the world, the question is where are you? i.e. what city sort of thing

     
  • At 12:51 am AEDT, Blogger Squirk said…

    @brown:
    Perhaps it is THE UNEXPLAINED.

    @bob:
    Berlin, Germany.

    @fairy princess:
    There are a lot of Swiss people in my school, but I think Lausanne is about 13 hours from Berlin by train.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home